Monday, February 4, 2013

Jello Legs & A Dreamsicle Protein Shake!!

Breakfast: 3 egg whites & raspberries
Snack: 2 turkey meatloaf muffins
Lunch: spinach salad with chicken, peppers, sunflower seeds & balsamic vinaigrette
Snack: 2 pumpkin protein bars
Post-Workout: dreamsicle protein shake --see recipe below
Dinner: whole wheat pasta with shrimp, olive oil, peppers & onions with garlic seasoning.
Snack: 1 double chocolate PB bite, and a slice of Ezekiel toast with crunchy PB





Exercise: LiveFit Day 22 - Legs


OMG!!! Today's workout (along with every workout) was killer. At the moment, I didn't think it was that tough. But as I was walking back to the locker room, I realized how tired & sore I was. I wasn't sure I could walk that far!! I had some serious jello legs! lol When I got home, I knew it was a day for a protein shake!! So... I tried something new that sounded pretty good!!


Dreamsicle Protein Shake


Ingredients:
1 1/2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
1 cup ice
2 cups orange juice

Directions:
You can shake it in a blender bottle or any type of water bottle or you can use a blender and blend it all together like a smoothie. I just shook mine in my blender bottle. YUMMM!


-------------------------------------

Now I'm relaxing and watching Biggest Loser!! :D I figured I'd try to get my blog done during the commercials so I can get to bed at a decent time. Last night didn't go as planned. Why do I always find excuses for myself to stay up?? :/ 

Anyhow... I've been doing alot of thinking about whether I'm going to do the half marathon or the 10K in The Scheels Fargo Marathon this spring. I kind of feel like I should have started training for the half already...but then again, it wouldn't hurt me any to have to push a little harder right?? I dunno. It's on my bucketlist to do a half marathon and why not do it now, as I'm trying to transform my body? A little extra cardio in addition to all my weightlifting... I'm going to be one tired girl. I haven't made my decision 100% yet, but I'm leaning towards doing the half. My knees have been feeling GREAT. I think all the strength training has really helped. But I'm a little worried that once I start running again, they might bother me. My goal is to register by the end of February and I'm going to start training next week once I'm supposed to incorporate cardio into my workouts. WOO HOO! I'm sure I'll fill you in on more when I decide for sure. But Run or Dye & Hard Charge are happening for sure!!! woop woop! And I'm feeling stronger & stronger everyday! 

Hope you all enjoy your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment