Sunday, February 3, 2013

Girls Game Night!!! & Double Chocolate PB Bites!

Friday

Breakfast: protein waffle with crunchy PB
Snack: 2 turkey meatloaf muffins
Lunch: spinach salad with a chicken breast, peppers, sunflower seeds & balsamic vinaigrette
Snack: 2 carrot cake protein bars
Dinner: chicken breast, broccoli, celery
Snack: fruit with greek yogurt, bruschetta





Exercise: LiveFit Day 19 - Shoulders & Abs



Last day of week 3 of LiveFit!! Woo hoo! It felt great! :) Friday night I had a girls night at my apartment and we played games and had quite a few drinks and I made some daiquiri's with umbrellas. :) I made sure to set out some fruit with greek yogurt so I wouldn't be so tempted to eat the unhealthy snacks such as chips and gardettos. It worked!! I only had some fruit, and then one of my friends brought a bruschetta which was also very tasty. It was a lot of fun and a very late night. I definitely need to have more girls nights!


Saturday

Breakfast: Kashi go lean crunch
Lunch: 3 bean turkey chili, leftover bruschetta
Snack: apple
Dinner: 2 turkey meatloaf muffins and carrots
Snack: popcorn


Exercise: Rest

Saturday was a nice day to myself (for the most part). I slept until 9, which wasn't long enough because I was up until 5 the night before. And I ate breakfast and watched some tv and then I took a 2 hour nap. Once I woke up, I showered and got ready for the day. My friend Steph recently got married and bought a house so I went to her reception/open house for a while. It was nice to see her again. I hadn't seen her in a while. Then I stopped at Cashwise to rent some movies!! It was going to be a me & Josie kind of night! Then I remembered that I had a few bags of stuff to bring to Savers so I dropped that off. Then... I randomly decided to stop by JCPenney because I heard they had some good sales right now. BAD IDEA....lol I found way too much stuff that I LOVED that was on sale. :) So I ended up getting some new workout clothes, a super cute running rain coat and a $8 summer sequin skirt and I LOVED!



 Then... I went home because I was super hungry by that point and I made a quick dinner and watched Taken 2 and Pitch Perfect for the 3rd time while munching on some popcorn. :D I LOVE that movie. I should really just buy it. Too many great one liners. haha

Sunday

Breakfast: raspberries & 5 egg whites
Snack: pumpkin protein bar
Lunch: turkey & (thin) cheese sandwich on Ezekiel bread with hummus, broccoli & cucumbers
Snack: 1 double chocolate peanut butter bite --see recipe below
Dinner: 8 oz broiled tilapia, quinoa with peppers & onions
Snack: 1 double chocolate peanut butter bite -- see recipe below




Exercise: Rest

Today was a nice lazy day! I slept in pretty late and then I watched Pitch Perfect again while I organized My Pinterest. :D hehe and then I cleaned up the apartment a bit and did laundry. By that time, the hubby came home and we relaxed watching some tv. I was still organizing my Pinterest at this time. It took most of the afternoon. Then he took a nap and I made my turkey meatloaf muffins for the week and tried a new recipe that I really like! Check it out below. Then the Super Bowl was on tv and we were lame and just stayed home and watched it by ourselves this year. I gave myself a nice little mani & pedi during the game. Fuschia with sparkles!!



And now I am blogging away trying to finish up so I can go to bed nice & early!!! :D BUT...before I do, here is my recipe!




Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites



Ingredients:
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
a pinch cinnamon
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
2 tablespoons chocolate covered sunflower seeds
ground peanuts or almonds mixed with a few pinches of cocoa powder, to roll the balls in
Note: I couldn't find chocolate covered sunflower seeds, so I just used regular. But I think they would be really good with m&m's instead of the chocolate chips & choc. covered sunflower seeds

Directions:
Combine oats, almonds, flaxseed, cocoa, chia seeds, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir.
Melt peanut butter and allow it to cool slightly (I melted mine in the microwave for about 30 seconds, then stirred), then stir in honey and vanilla extract until it's combined. Once peanut butter has cooled a bit, pour it over the oat mixture and mix well with a spoon then bring together with your hands. Once mixture is sticking together, fold in chocolate chips and sunflower seeds.
Roll dough into golf-ball sized (or slightly smaller) balls, then roll in ground peanuts or ground almonds tossed with cocoa powder. These can be eaten at room temp but I really like them stored in the fridge!
Note: I think next time I made these, I'm just going to roll them in the cocoa powder and skip the extra almonds. They're a little nuttier than I prefer. Still super tasty though!
Recipe from http://www.howsweeteats.com/2013/01/no-bake-double-chocolate-peanut-butter-snack-bites/
---------------------------------------
I hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed watching the Super Bowl!!! Make sure to try these yummy Double Chocolate PB Bites!! YUMMM and if you're interested to see how Week 3 of LiveFit went... check out my LiveFit page. :D Adios Amigos!


No comments:

Post a Comment