Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Oofda, Sore Arms!!

Well today is day 2!!! And I'm definitely sore! YAY!! I love being sore because it means I'm getting stronger! I'm gonna kick some Hard Charge butt :D

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs
Snack: clementine
Lunch: (light) whole wheat ham sandwich with thin cheese & hummus, pineapple & carrots
Snack: 1 cup of applesauce with cinnamon, string cheese
Dinner: broiled chicken breast, 1/2 a roasted sweet potato & carrots
Snack: 1/2 a turkey meatloaf muffin & 1 chocolate protein bar <-- check out the recipes below!!



Exercise: Day 2 of LiveFit! --Back & Biceps!

So... Instead of doing the color run like I had mentioned, I found out that they are having one in Fargo this summer called Run or Dye!!!! So I instantly signed up for it today!!! :D If you want to join my team and run it too, sign up under The High Fivers! Yep... we will be awesome!



So Day 2 of LiveFit was just as hard as day 1 and I'm definitely SORE from yesterday! :D Yippee!! I went to the grocery store today & I'm all prepared for eating healthy and I also picked up a multivitamin & fish oil. So I'll be taking those in addition to my glucosamine & calcium supplements. I also tried a couple of Jamie Eason's recipes and they're really good! The nutrition facts are on her website if you're interested. Check them out!!

Chocolate Protein Bars

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Oat Flour
  • Egg Whites
  • 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
  • ½ cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
  • ½ tsp Baking Soda
  • ¼ tsp Salt
  • 8oz Berry flavored Baby Food
  • 3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
  • 4oz Water
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix dry ingredients (oat flower, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
  3. Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, Berry flavored Baby Food,Water) together in a medium sized bowl.
  4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
  5. Spray cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter to dish.
  6. Bake 20-30 minutes in oven.
recipe from http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-chocolate-protein-bars.htm


Turkey Meatloaf Muffins


Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
  • egg whites
  • 1 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
  • 2 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
  • 1 small onion (finely chopped)
  • celery stalks (finely chopped)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
  3. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
  4. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
  5. Bake for 40 minutes.
Recipe from http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-turkey-meatloaf-muffins.htm



--Hope you enjoy the recipes! I know I sure did! Now it's time for me to get some shuteye! Later Folks! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment