Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pumpkin Protein Bars = DELICIOUS!!!

Breakfast: 4 egg whites & strawberries
Snack: 2 turkey meatloaf muffins
Lunch: 3 bean turkey chili and carrots
Snack: 2 carrot cake protein bars
Dinner: broiled chicken breast, sweet potato fries & cucumbers
Snack: 3 pumpkin protein bars -- see recipe below. 



Exercise: LiveFit Day 18 - Legs



Today was a tough workout!! My legs were still sore from Monday so it was killer. Good thing I have a couple recovery days this weekend!! ;) At the gym today I had to ask for help. I wasn't sure how to use the barbell machine thingys. Luckily there was a nice girl who totally looked like she knew her way around the gym, so I asked her. She helped me out and then I was able to do my squats with the barbell. :) GO ME! I'm workin' on my Carrie Underwood legs. haha and I never did find a stand up calf raise machine, so I just found some kettle bells and did my own calf raise. :D

Then I went and picked up Matthew from daycare and we played some hockey and he put his spiderman suit and ran around the apartment like Spiderman. haha He's showing me his muscles!!! Aren't they big!? That's what I told him :D



Then I made dinner and played a little Dora & Diego on my nook with Superman! It was a grand ol' time! Then we dropped him off and Justin went back to plowing snow. So... I was doing a little organizing and came across some of my super old cd's!!!!


Yep!!! That's the Spice Girls & The Backstreet Boys! I'm jammin' out to a little Backstreet's Back ALRIGHT! haha This brings back some good memories. lol

Anyways... I baked some Pumpkin protein bars tonight and they are TO DIE FOR!!!! Seriously, so good! I can't stop. Good thing they are low cal and healthy. :) Here's the recipe!

Pumpkin Protein Bars


Ingredients:

  • ½ C Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (Ideal)
  • 1 - 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce
  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
  • ½ tsp. ground clove
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 4 large egg whites
  • 1 - 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
  • 2 C oat flour
  • 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
  • ½ cup almond milk
  • ½ C chopped walnuts (optional)


Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
  3. Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
  4. Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
  5. Makes 24 squares.



Nutrition Facts:


Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories, .7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square = 63 calories, 2.3 g fat, 8 g carbs, 4 g protein

Recipe from http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-pumpkin-protein-bars.html

I made my bars with walnuts and LOVE them! Hope you enjoy them too!! Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment