Monday, January 28, 2013

3 Bean Turkey Chili!!

Ok...time to play catch up with my meals from over the weekend. I was a very busy girl this weekend and spent little time at home so I did not do as well as I would have liked with my diet. :/ But I'm back on track today!

Friday

Breakfast: 4 egg whites
Snack: 2 chocolate protein bars --check out the recipe on my recipes page
Lunch: (light) whole wheat ham sandwich with this cheese & hummus, carrots
Snack: grannysmith apple with crunchy PB and a carrot cake protein bar --check that recipe too. YUM
Dinner: whole wheat pasta with olive oil, chicken, shrimp & garlic seasoning
Snack: carrot cake protein bar




Saturday

Breakfast: 3 egg whites & a small homemade whole wheat waffle with PB
Snack: Luna protein bar
Lunch: 2 hard shell tacos with carrots & celery
Snack: dark chocolate birthday cupcake
Dinner: 2 slices of pizza (1 cheese & 1 pepperoni) and some bbq chips
Snack: string cheese


Sunday

Breakfast: 4 egg whites
Snack: Luna protein bar, handful of bbq chips
Lunch: (light) whole wheat grilled turkey sandwich with thin cheese & hummus, carrots
Snack: carrot cake protein bar
Dinner: turkey burger on (light) whole wheat bread and cucumbers
Snack: 2 chocolate chip cookies, fruit snacks & string cheese
    YIKES!! My weekend was rough... I just got a bit of a reality check as I was typing it out. :/ No more of that!

Monday

Breakfast: 4 egg whites & blackberries
Snack: 2 turkey meatloaf muffins --check out the recipe on my recipes page!
Lunch: (light) whole wheat turkey sandwich with thin cheese & hummus, carrots
Snack: 3 rice cakes with Planters energy mix PB
Dinner: 3 bean turkey chili - check out the recipe below!!
Snack: blackberry, strawberry banana protein smoothie





Exercise: Jamie Eason's LiveFit Day 15 - Legs


I also want to note that I added a tab on my page for you to track my LiveFit journey!! You can see what workouts I'm doing, have done, and have yet to do!


I was a very busy girl this weekend and watched ALOT of hockey!! Friday after work I was able to take a nap. A much needed nap, I might add! Then we made a quick dinner and went to my SIL (sister in law) Sarah's house and watched the Sioux hockey game with them and my in-laws were also in town. After the game we went back home and went to bed.  

Saturday we woke up nice & early to go to my nephews hockey game. Turns out...we were an hour early so we watched a little extra hockey. He won his game and played AWESOME! Then we went back to Sarah's house & had some tacos for lunch and celebrated my niece Lexi's 12th birthday. I also took a nap on Saturday. Can you tell I was a little worn out that weekend?? After my nap, my nephew Jackson had another hockey game that we went to. This time, we were on time and not an hour early. :D Unfortunately, he lost that game. But his and his team still played really hard and did well.  We went back to Sarah's house and had pizza & chips for dinner. And then we watched another Sioux hockey game. --To be honest, I didn't really watch it much. I did more socializing. :) Then we went home and went to bed. 

Sunday we woke up and went to Jackson's last hockey game for the tournament. They won and got 3rd place! It was exciting!! Then we headed home because we were all wore out from the busy weekend. We did our grocery shopping that night and I made my turkey meatloaf muffins for the week and Justin wanted me to make chocolate chip cookies. So I did...and of course, I couldn't turn them down when they were right in front of me... so I had 2 of them. :/  OH!!! And I got batteries for my camera... so I'll stop slacking when it comes to photos! :) Pinky Promise!


 -------------------------------

OKAY... Today!! OMG my leg workout was killer tonight. I am literally shaking as I sit here drinking my protein smoothie. I usually stand in the corner of my kitchen to blog because that's where I get my best internet connection. Not tonight!!! I'm on the couch...lol I made a new recipe tonight - 2 bean turkey chili and it was delicious!! I LOVED it. I also had tons of leftovers so I made sure to freeze some in individual portions so I don't have to eat chili all week long. :D Anyhow.. I'm going to finish watching Biggest Loser and then shower and go to bed!!! I'm gonna be SORE tomorrow... :D Make sure to check out the recipe below.



3 Bean Turkey Chili


Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs. extra lean ground turkey
  • ½ cup chopped onions
  • 1 tbsp. garlic powder
  • 2 - 4 oz. cans of diced green chilies
  • 1 - 15 oz. can Organic Tri-Bean Blend (drained)
  • 1 - 15 oz. can Organic Black Beans (drained)
  • 2 - 14.5 oz. cans Organic Diced Tomatoes (do not drain)
  • 1 tbsp. Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (Ideal)
  • 1 tbsp. chili powder
  • 2 tbsp. white vinegar
  • 3 tbsp. regular yellow mustard
  • 2 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tbsp. dried or fresh cilantro
  • 2 tsp. adobo sauce (optional)
Note: I couldn't find a tri-bean blend so I used a can of kidney beans & half a can of navy beans instead.


Directions:

  • In a large pot add onions and meat, sprinkled with garlic powder and cook until no longer pink (drain using a plate, if desired).
  • Next add the green chilies, beans, tomatoes, xylitol and spices (except cilantro) and stir until combined.
  • Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
  • Finally, add cilantro. Serve hot.
  • You may sprinkle veggie shreds or a light cheese on top.

  • Recipe from http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-3-bean-turkey-chili.html

    No comments:

    Post a Comment