Tuesday, January 29, 2013

...and in the mornin', I'm makin' waffles!!

Okay... how many Shrek fans do I have out there??? Notice the name of the post??? Donkey says it! :D I love that part! Anyhow...

Breakfast: 1/2 a protein waffle with almond butter & strawberries - see recipe below. It was so filling, I could only eat half.
Lunch: spinach salad with grilled chicken, peppers, cucumbers, sunflower seeds & balsamic vinaigrette
Dinner: leftover bowl of 3 bean turkey chili
Post Workout Snack: protein fruit smoothie




Exercise: LiveFit Day 16 - Back & Biceps


Today was a busy day!! Work was steady... and then I had a dentist appointment after work. Just a 6 month cleaning and everything looked good!! Except they did tell me that I should get my wisdom teeth taken out. :/ So they sent a referral and I asked about the cost and stuff and they said its quite a bit cheaper if I stay awake during the surgery rather than being knocked out. So... I'm contemplating that. Then they gave me fluoride, and as you know, you're not supposed to eat or drink anything for at least a half hour afterwards. Well... I ate lunch at 12:30 and by 4, I was starving... so Sorry Dr. Charlie, I didn't wait that long. :/ I ate me some delicious carrot cake protein bars!! and drank water of course! 

Then I went engagement ring shopping with a friend. I even tried some on for myself. It was fun!! :) Hunny....I have some ideas for what you can get me for our anniversary. ;) haha

Then I came home and put some leftover chili in the microwave and then started my workout!! Once again, it was a killer! My arms are dead and typing is taking all I've got right now. So you better be happy I'm blogging. ;) jk But seriously... it was tough. I couldn't even finish a couple of my sets.


Then I made a super yummy protein smoothie after my workout, and because I was so weak and my dang smoothie maker thingy always gets stuck...I couldn't get the blender part off!!! :( I just wanted a smooooothie! Is that too much to ask?? :(


And then I got super lucky and got it open after I banged it on the counter a couple of times!!! So I was a happy girl slirpin' on my smoothie!


And now I'm ready for a shower & bed...but before I do that, I need to share my new protein waffle recipe with you that I had this morning!!! Super yummy!!!


Clean Protein Waffles



Ingredients:

  • 2 cups oat flour
  • 2 cups soy (rice milk or regular milk work fine as well) -- I used almond milk
  • 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 whole egg

Directions:

  1. Mix all ingredients into a mixing bowl using a whisk.
  2. (optional) you can also add a little flavor to these by adding 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon cloves or 1 teaspoon almond extract. Use your imagination here.
  3. Cook in your waffle maker and serve.
recipe from http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-protein-waffles/

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!!! Smell Ya Later Peeps! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment