Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Back At It!

Ok friends.... I'm getting back into it again!! I signed up for Hard Charge Fargo this summer which is an obstacle course race like a tough mudder and I couldn't be more excited!! Here are a few of the obstacles...




As of today I am hoping to do the Fargo half marathon as well as the 5K in May. :D If my knees just can't take the pounding, I will settle for doing the 10K again instead of the half... but lets just cross our fingers that my knees will hold up! I have a couple of other races that I'd also really like to do but it depends on what my friends say!!! The 81 on 81 relay race & the color run! woop woop! 



I'm setting myself up for success this summer...along with a hopefully sexy bikini body! <--that's always motivation right there!

I must admit, during the holiday and winter season, I always tend to slack off a bit. :/ NOT GOOD... I know. I vow to change it.

Anyhow... to prepare for Hard Charge & (hopefully) first half marathon,  I need to not only do alot of running, but I NEED to weight train as well. This is something that I've never been very good about doing. I weight lifted in high school when I was in sports and since then I did a little here and a little there. Now it's time to get my (getting bigger) butt in gear. I happened to stumble across a program at bodybuilding.com called Jamie Eason's LiveFit.  It's a weight lifting program and it definitely interests me. It's completely FREE. The only catch is that I need a gym membership for the weight machines. and unforunately... I don't have one at the moment. Maybe I'll get one?? That way I won't have to freeze my ass off (pardon my French) running outside in this ridiculously cold weather! Anything under 10 degrees is just too cold for this girl!!

OKAY... Here I go... I'm going to be eating healthy again to go along with my hard training so I'm going to post what I'm eating just like before. :D

Breakfast: mixed fruit smoothie
Snack: Kashi honey almond flax granola bar
Lunch: (light) whole wheat ham sandwich with thin cheese & spicy hummus, pineapple & greek yogurt
Snack: grannysmith apple with 2 tbs nutella
Dinner: 3oz of cod grilled in tin foil, quinoa & peppers, baby carrots
Snack:  Healthy banana PB Ice Cream <--look below for the recipe




Exercise: For todays exercise I started Jamie Eason's LiveFit that I talked about above. I did day 1 - Chest & Triceps.



If you check out the workout, you'll notice that some of the exercises you need a cable machine. Since I don't have one of those in my apartment, I just used my 10 lb dumbells and did the same motion. It probably doesn't do the same thing, but it worked some muscles even if it wasn't the ones intended. My arms are like jello. I keep making typos. skldjfl;dsj :D

I probably should have went for a run today since it was a bit warmer than it has been lately, but I had my snack when I got home and then we went back into town to run some errands and when I got home it was nearly dark and I made dinner and did my LiveFit workout.  --Just a little bit of an excuse I suppose. ;) Anyhow...when we were running errands, we stopped by Scheels because we still have some gift cards from Christmas. I was looking at weights and I can't believe how expensive dumbells are! Its ridiculous!!! So... I didn't buy any. I'll have to wait until I'm in a spending mood. ;)

Healthy PB Banana Ice Cream

Ingredients:
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 heaping tbsp creamy peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp of nutella if you like... I added it and it was delicious!
  • chocolate chips if you want to!

Instructions:
Blend banana, cocoa powder, and peanut butter in a food processor until smooth and creamy.

Recipe from http://bevandveg.com/2012/02/20/healthy-chocolate-banana-ice-cream/

I had it for a snack tonight and it was pretty good!!! I think next time I will add a little more cocoa to make it more chocolaty! I also added a little nutella, which wasn't on the recipe. It's kind of one my obsessions lately! :D

Hope you all have a great night!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment