Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tis the Season!! + Sweet Potato Fries!

Ok.... I know! I'm a slacker!! lol It's been a few days since I've been on here. My weekend was pretty busy & I've been really lacking energy. But here are my meal pics anyways!

Saturday:





Sunday:





Monday:



Today...

Breakfast: Shakeology with mixed frozen fruit, banana & almond milk
Snack: luna bar
Lunch: Cashwise salad with romaine lettuce, eggs, chicken, feta cheese, sunflower seeds, cucumbers & italian dressing with some fruit
Snack: a bowl of dry kashi go lean cereal
Dinner: broiled chicken & a side spinach salad
Snack: banana




Exercise: I'll be honest... I haven't worked out since Friday. :( like I said earlier... I've been seriously lacking energy.

Ooookaayyy... where to start.. ok Saturday!! Saturday was a fun day!! We ran some errands in the morning & then had some lunch & chilled while Matthew took a nap. Then when he woke up we got ready & went to Space Aliens for dinner. We were also watched a friends' daughter & her & Matthew had a blast playing all the fun games & winning some cool prizes. Then we went to the Fargo Force hockey game! That too, was lots of fun! Here's a few pics!





After the game we were all pretty tired so we watched a little bit of Madagascar 3 and fell asleep!!


-----------------------------------------

Sunday was one of those lazy days...BUT (drumroll please.....) I put up the CHRISTMAS TREE!! :D We put a little Christmas music on in the background and got right to it! We had to get a different tree this year because we got a new couch & chair this summer & our tree won't fit in out living room with our new furniture. So we got a cute little 6 footer!! I do miss my big tree a little bit...but this is one's kinda cute too. Don't ya think so??




Plus I had a cute little helper!!



Then the rest of the evening was as lazy as ever. lol and I just had to sleep in the living room that night because I wanted to sleep by the tree with the lights on. Kinda like I did when I was a kid. :D


-------------------------------

Monday...Oh Monday....how I hate thee. lol

Monday was also uneventful... BUT I did make some amazing sweet potato fries! My favorite recipe as of today! Pure yumminess! Check out the recipe below! AND... I bought a pull up bar! YEP! Now I can work on my goal to be able to do more pull ups! As of today I can do 3. I'm gonna work towards 5! I even put it together & got it up all by myself! BE PROUD! :D



So.... now I need to quit my lazy tendencies & somehow gain some energy & get back to working out regularly!! 

Now... for that recipe!!


{ Sweet Potato Fries }



Ingredients:
2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, rinsed and dried
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. coarse salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. freshly-cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne (optional)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Carefully cut the potatoes into 1/4″ thin strips, or to your desired thickness and length. Then place in a large bowl, and toss with the remaining ingredients (oil and spices) until potatoes are evenly coated.
Then spread out the potatoes evenly on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet. (Try not to overcrowd the sheet, or have multiple layers of fries — you want them to be roasted, not steamed.)
Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning the fries once or twice during that time to cook evenly. (May take more or less time, depending on the size and thickness you cut the fries.) Remove once the edges slightly begin to brown and fries begin to crisp.
Recipe from http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/oven-roasted-sweet-potato-fries/
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Tonight has been a great night! haha I was feeling very motivated & I put up some Christmas lights on the balcany!! Lets say my balcany looks like the Griswold's from Christmas Vacation. I used ALL of our lights! :D The pictures just don't do justice for what it looks like in real life. I feel like I'm lighting up the neighborhood. :D
 This is the view from the ground... crappy pic, sorry.


And this is the view from inside my apartment! :D and just for the record, I don't usually put up any Christmas decorations until the Saturday after Thanksgiving, BUT I'm not going to be in town so I figured it didn't hurt to get it done nice n early! :D
Also... just a heads up that the blogging might be a little late or behind this week because it's going to be busy with Thanksgiving & Black Friday & whatnot! Just warning you! :D
Tomorrow is Wednesday...which is my Friday this week! WAHOO!
Later Gators! 

No comments:

Post a Comment