Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 38 - Banana Berry Super Smoothie Recipe!

Breakfast: banana & greek yogurt
Snack: grapes, raspberries
Lunch: Cashwise Deli- cup of white chicken chili and a salad with romaine lettuce, chicken, boiled egg, cucumbers, cheese, olives, croutons & italian dressing
Snack: 3 snack size kit-kats
Dinner: broiled garlic crusted salmon & baked parmesan tomatoes
Snack: banana berry super smoothie pop (recipe below)
Calories Consumed: 1403




Exercise: 1.7 mile run in 15 minutes 


So... I've been thinking about getting a Nike+ GPS watch. I saw online that it comes with a heart rate monitor, however I didn't read the fine print & you have to purchase that separately at an extra cost of $70. LAME! So I went to Scheels to check it out and ask an associate a little bit about it and he said that he has one and LOVES it. :D --thats when I found out that it didn't come with the heart rate monitor which kind of made me rethink getting it because its already $170. I was super bummed!! Anyhow... I bought a Nike+ sportband last winter and used it when I was training for my 10K. I used it on the treadmill & then when I went to use it outside come spring time, it wouldn't work and my mileage was WAY off so I figured I needed a new sensor.

Well... I whipped that thing out today & hit the reset button and got it to sync with my sportband. So...silly me that I am... decided to test it out in my apartment while I was cooking dinner. :D Yep... I ran a half mile inside my apartment & around the center island to see if it would work and it DID!!! WOO HOO! I was so excited that I decided to go for a run at about 7:30 (yes it was dark...) I brought my guard dog ;)  It was off a little bit but I calibrated it and hopefully it will work great until I save enough money and start training this spring! --then maybe I'll get the Nike+ GPS watch. :D My sportband & super cute Josie are pictured below!



I also made some super yummy power smoothies & smoothie pops tonight!! Check out the recipe!

{ Banana Berry Super Smoothie }


(this recipe made 2 smoothies & 3 smoothie pops)

Ingredients:
strawberries
raspberries
2 bananas
1 scoop vanilla protein
1 tbs chia seeds
1 tbs ground flaxseed
1 cup strawberry greek yogurt
1 packet of iced green tea - blackberry pomegranate flavor
1/2 cup water
add ice to make thicker

Directions: 
Add all into blender & mix until smooth

-------------------------------------

Time to make my lunch for tomorrow and head to bed!!

Nighty Night Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment