Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 48 - Homemade Turkey Bites!

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with peppers & spinach
Snack: strawberries
Lunch: grilled turkey sandwich on Ezekiel bread with spinach, tomatoes, hummus & low fat cheese with some carrots
Snack: apple protein snack
Dinner: homemade turkey bites (see recipe below) with leftover mixed veggies
Snack: a peach
Calories Consumed: 1256



Exercise: Insanity plyometric cardio circuit

Today was great!! I got to sleep in until 8.... not go to work....spend the day with Matthew!!  Could it get any better!?? Oh yea..and it was pay day! BONUS! :D

haha anyhow... we woke up and I made some scrambled eggs for breakfast & I thought I'd add a little spinach for something new. Couldn't taste much a difference to be honest. Then we played some hide & go seek & watched Mickey Mouse. Then we ran some errands around town. :)

The postman came to my apartment today & left me a nice note to go pick up my package at the post office. --YAY!! My shakeology came. :D So when I was running my errands & went to the post office. As always, they were super busy & I had to wait in line for like a a half hour! Then they told me that the postman still had the package out on his deliveries. BUMMER! I was so disappointed. So I guess I gotta go back & get it in the morning. I was planning on having the Shakeology for dinner so when I didn't get it... I had no idea what to make. I didn't feel like having chicken or salmon or shrimp or cod...but I had ground turkey. I didnt really want a turkey burger because I didn't want to eat more bread today. So I thought I'd be little Betty Crocker & whip up something! :D

Soo... I made some Turkey Balls!! Lets just call them turkey bites because that sounds more appetizing!

{ Homemade Turkey Bites }


Ingredients:
1 lb of lean ground turkey
1/2 of a yellow onion
1/2 c spinach leaves
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp lawry's seasoning salt
pepper to taste

Directions:
mix all the ingredients in a large bowl with your hands.


 then roll them into small balls & put on a baking sheet. 



Cook at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cooked through!


I hope that you enjoy them as much as I did!! YUMMAY!

Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment