Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 13 - Go Vikings!



Breakfast: 1 whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter
Snack: a gross orange-- it was not juicy at all. <--pure disappointment :(
Lunch: the usual turkey & cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with hummus, cucumbers & carrots
Snack: 2 slices of zucchini bread.... I just couldn't stop at one. :/
Dinner: healthy chicken taco (see recipe below) with lettuce, cheese & salsa on a whole wheat tortilla & corn
Snack: popcorn @ the game!



Exercise: Insanity Cardio Recovery

Well.. Today was a fun Friday!! --Once I got off work that is. Tonight we went to Kindred to watch my friend Emily play volleyball. They played Central Cass and it was such a great game to watch! Unfortunately, they lost but all the games were really close and I found myself sitting at the edge of my seat and even getting upset over a few bad calls. <--that is soo unlike me! Usually when I watch sports I don't pay much attention and honestly I don't know the rules that well. But with volleyball... I've played it for many years & I know a bad call when I see one. :D Don't worry... I wasn't one of those people cursing at the Ref. I simply mentioned something to Justin & then got over it. However Emily did a great job & I definitely enjoyed watching her play. It made me miss high school volleyball ALOT! Playing league is so different, still fun though!! Anyhow, here's a pic that I took of the team in their huddle. Go Vikings!! 



{ Healthy Chicken Tacos }




Ingredients

1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
1 whole Medium Onion, Chopped
1 clove Garlic, Minced
1 can Tomato Sauce (8 Ounces)
½ cups Water
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt (Lawry's)
¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 dash Tabasco Sauce
3-½ cups Cooked Chicken, Chopped
10 whole Taco Shells Or Flour Tortillias.

Directions:
Place canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic; saute’ until onion starts to soften and become translucent, about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium and add the tomato sauce, water, spices, Tabasco and chicken; simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Heat taco shells or tortillas according to package directions, fill with chicken and add your favorite toppings!

recipe from http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/healthy-chicken-tacos/

No comments:

Post a Comment