Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 16 - Honey Mustard Salmon

Breakfast: whole wheat toast with spray butter
Lunch: bowl of chicken noodle soup
Snack: apple
Dinner: Grilled honey-mustard salmon (see recipe below) & cajun sweet potato fries
Snack: grapes, oatmeal pumpkin muffin

Exercise: walk Josie 2 miles, Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance

Today I woke up & still was not feeling well so I decided to lay low this morning & relax. I had some yummy chicken noodle soup for lunch (Campbell's style) and did some resting & before I knew it, I was feeling MUCH better. I ended up taking Josie for a walk and getting some fresh air felt really good. Plus, she always loves a good walk. It was a little chilly out and she recently got a haircut so I made sure that she wore her cute pink coat. --its hard to see in the photo.



Then I came home & grilled a new salmon recipe for dinner. It turned out sooo good. :D I love salmon. After a bit I decided to give Insanity a try. I felt like such a slacker since I hadn't done it in a couple of days. It went pretty well. I definitely didn't push myself as hard as usual but it still felt really good to do it. Happy Monday Everybody!! Time to watch a little Dancing with the Stars!

{ Honey Mustard Salmon }



Ingredients:
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
4 salmon fillets (6 oz each)

Directions:
1. Star the grill. Combine butter and brown sugar in a bowl; microwave until they have melted together, about 30 seconds. Stir in mustard, soy sauce, and honey.


2. marinate the salmon for about 30 minutes
3. Grill the salmon until done.
4. Pour any extra honey-mustard onto the salmon

recipe from http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/salmon-recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment