Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 29 - Binge Eating

Breakfast: oatmeal pumpkin muffin & greek yogurt
Lunch: turkey & cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with spicy guacamole
Snacks: 2 pumpkin carrot bars with cream cheese frosting, half a carton of buttered movie theatre popcorn, 2 more pumpkin carrot bars with cream cheese frosting, multigrain cheddar cheese pringles, shockers, some halloween candy (chocolate bars), a natural fruit popsicle.
Calories Consumed: WAY TOO MANY




Exercise: Rest day...Unfortunately

Binge Eating:  is a pattern of disordered eating which consists of episodes of uncontrollable eating. It is sometimes as a symptom of binge eating disorder or compulsive overeating disorder. During such binges, a person rapidly consumes an excessive amount of food. Most people who have eating binges try to hide this behavior from others, and often feel ashamed about being overweight or depressed about their overeating. Although people who do not have any eating disorder may occasionally experience episodes of overeating, frequent binge eating is often a symptom of an eating disorder.

About one in five young women report that they have had binge-eating symptoms, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. Men account for about 40% of binge-eating disorder symptoms.
Binge-eating disorder, as the name implies, is characterized by uncontrollable, excessive eating, followed by feelings of shame and guilt. Unlike those with bulimia, those with binge-eating disorder symptoms typically do not purge their food. However, many who have bulimia also have binge-eating disorder.
Binge-eaters may use food to fill an emotional void by overeating to cope with life's challenges and with their emotional insecurities. In reality, their overeating causes guilt, shame and disgust. Frequently, they are overweight and typically suffer from low self-esteem. Binge eating is very common mostly with teenagers.
--This is according to Wikipedia.

This was me today... a binge eater. I am not perfect. I am not proud. I have slip-ups and I make mistakes. I can be an emotional eater at times. Today was one of those days when I was in a mood & just wasn't feeling quite right, so I took it out on my kitchen (& my body)... :/ NOT GOOD!! lol This candy bowl was full! and there were many more baked goods on the counter.  



Do you ever have days when you just eat & eat & eat, even after your full & your stomach hurts??! I'm not sure why I do it. (DONT JUDGE lol :D) I guess I feel like if I have one more candy bar or one more pumpkin bar, I'll feel better. Obviously, that's not the case and it just makes me feel worse for eating so crappy, but what can you do? It's over & done with and now I just have to be extra good the rest of the week. :D

Anyhow...enough with my ranting about my bad binge eating day...

I went and seen Pitch Perfect tonight with my friend, Raina. It was soo good!! (That's where the delicious movie theatre popcorn came into play!) If you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend it for a good laugh!! Fat Amy seriously cracks me up!  It put a pretty big, much needed smile on my face! Thanks for coming with me Raina! :D



My poor hubby was sick with the flu today. Fever & everything. He spent the day in bed. :( I spent the day being lazy as well doing nothing but watch tv & movies and pigging out. EEEK! I guess I did do some laundry but i should have also done some much needed cleaning & went for a run. It was a nice sunny morning. I guess that will be tomorrows chore.

Buuuttt.....I'm thinking that a nice bath with Shape Magazine, some bubbles & stress-reliever salts sounds pretty darn good right about now!! So I'm gonna go hit that up & relax & hopefully not eat anymore tonight!! Hope you all had an enjoyable Sunday!!! 

Tootles Poodles!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment