Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 5 - Yummy Healthy Banana Bread!

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs on half an english muffin
Snack: Kashi honey almond & flax chewy granola bar, orange
Lunch: Turkey & cheese (thin colby jack) sandwich on whole wheat toast with hummus, carrots, & grapes
Snack: hummus & wheat thins, 1 slice of homemade healthy banana bread
Dinner: whole wheat spaghetti noodles with hamburger tomato sauce and corn on the cob.
Snack: All natural fruit popsicle

Exercise: Insanity cardio abs


My spaghetti & corn on the cob!

Here's a recipe for the day....

{ My Healthy Banana Bread }




Ingredients

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3 mashed overripe bananas

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and honey. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

Recipe from:
http://8weekstoabetteryourecipes.blogspot.com/2012/09/banana-bread-8-week-friendly.html



So... today was a busy day considering it was my husbands 30th birthday!! He's so old.  ;) I like to give him a hard time since he is older than I am. 

 I finished work and had to go get him his birthday present before I had to pick up our son from daycare at 4:30. (yes I did wait until the day of...don't judge!) While I had all of that going on, I knew that I needed to get my workout in before Justin (yes...that is my hubby's name) came home because otherwise I wouldn't get it done. Soo...since I had limited time, I did Insanity cardio abs!! Much better than doing nothing! --which is what I felt like doing...plus taking a nap. I would have liked to do that too, but hey! I can't do everything. So...Happy Thursday everyone!! It will be an early bedtime for this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment